The proposals include
- Widening the Henley Road footways to create shared pedestrian/cyclist paths:
- On the north side between the Sowe river bridge and Deedmore Road. This is likely to be about 2.4m wide.
- On the south side between the new Toucan crossing and Brierley Road. This is likely to be just over 3m wide.
- Adding Toucan crossings to Henley Road at the points shown with red markers on the map. This includes adding Toucan phases to all three arms of the Deedmore Road / Henley Road junction
I'm concerned about the lack of segregation between pedestrians and cyclists - the footway close to Henley College can get busy. Also there's some issues about the crossing of Henley Mill Lane:
- the turn for motorists needs to be made sharper; to slow traffic
- cyclists travelling on the new path along Henley Road need to retain their priority over turning traffic
- there should be enough space to allow a car
- turning into Henley Mill Lane to clear the Henley Road carriageway before having to stop for pedestrians & cyclists
- leaving Henley Mill Lane, waiting for a gap in the Henley Road traffic, to clear the pedestrian/cyclist path.